Lies... (Poem)

I saw you around everyday, you said enough
Called me a freak then made it all bluff....

Tox screen couldn't find the poison
Because it couldn't know enough

You threw all of my hopes, became kryptonite
Even thinking of all that gets me hypnotized

I knew from the start it was a tug of war
That you'll always get to win, now so far

Im sick of all these battles
Its like a toy that just rattles

Im too tired to fight and yet too scared to run
You gave me a love, like fires that just burn

Broken and bruised, longing for you
And I dont know how to  undo

Lies and promises were just a disguise
I was just another, hanging in standbys

I spent all of my money, you took all of my hopes
I guess I learned how love cuts down all the ropes

Standing on the beach and seeing my shadow
Its the only one that I can call my trusty fellow

Now somebody says you got a new friend
You'll play with him, till you get what you can

We had the love just like the movies
But you destroyed all the beauties...

Comments

Popular Posts